Saturday, June 6, 2009

It's On


Today, I took my last birth control pill. Tomorrow, we officially begin the "we're trying to have a baby" stage of our lives. It's strange, but in a good way of course. I have been on the pill for, like, ever. I have never missed a pill, never gone off and gotten back on. I have never tried to have a baby before, never even had a pregnancy scare.

The decision to have a baby was an easy one. The decision of when to have a baby was a bit more difficult. James and I always knew we wanted to be parents, but there are certain things in life that we wanted to accomplish and other things that needed to be "in order," like jobs and finances. While I don't think you can ever be completely financially ready for a baby, it was important to us that we have some security in that area. We've been talking about a baby for a year or so, and agreed that 2009 was the year we would start trying. The plan was, we would hike the Grand Canyon, then get down to business. Well, the Grand Canyon trip was canceled (postponed?), and we took a cruise instead. And now here we are.

How long will it take for me to get pregnant? Will it be easy? Could I be infertile? Who knows. What I do know is that this will be a journey like none we have ever taken before. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment