Thursday, June 16, 2011

Peek-a-Boo



We had our ultrasound on Wednesday, and we finally saw the baby! It's funny how seeing this baby, and feeling it move in my stomach, can really make this pregnancy hit home. I am growing a BABY. In my BODY. It's still so surreal.

The ultrasound was very fast, and thankfully, the baby is developing just perfectly. I'm not the type to worry, so I hadn't given much thought to the fact that if something was wrong, the ultrasound would most likely show it. It didn't really occur to me, until I laid down on that exam table and she put the jelly on my stomach. Then, I wondered what we would see. Well, we saw the heart and cranium, the spine, and little baby fists. We also saw the baby sticking out it's tongue and moving it's mouth. It is so amazing to me that this little baby started out as a speck, and now has all it's working parts. Speaking of working parts, it has genitals! We don't know which kind, but the ultrasound tech said they were "normal and unambiguous." Thumbs up for that.

I have been starting to feel more connected to the baby, now that I can feel it. It wasn't that I felt disconnected before, but I guess seeing is believing. Obviously, I've known all along that there was a baby in there, but now that I can actually feel it move, well, that is a feeling like no other. It's kind of unexplainable, but in the best possible way.

I just feel so happy. So happy I am having a baby, and so happy that James and I are going to be parents. Of a BABY. That I am GROWING. Crazy!

Oh, and since we skipped last weeks pictures (have I mentioned this project is a burden?), I thought I would post another shot or two from our vacation.



No comments:

Post a Comment