Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Third time is not a charm

They say good things come in threes. Third times a charm. In the decorating world, three of something is ideal. Well, the third trimester of this pregnancy is not a barrel of laughs, let me tell you. Man, I feel like an old lady! I have aches and pains that seem to worsen each week. My pubic bone is sore, my hips hurt, my abdomen is tight. Apparently, this tightening of the abdomen is a phenomenon called Braxton Hicks contractions. Um, really? Already? I cannot get comfortable. I can't breathe as deeply as I'd like to. I'm tired. Oh, and have I mentioned my stomach is huge? It's starting to be a tight fit in there. My midwife said the baby was situated head down, but has it's legs out to the side in an L shape. Funny, that's my favorite way to sleep, too! Already this kid is taking after me. It's pretty energetic, also. Oh, I remember when I had energy!

At 31 weeks, this is the last week of month seven. I've gained 18 pounds so far. Right now, the baby is a little over three pounds and about 16 inches long. It's basically just fattening up at this point. And I'm doing what I can to help it, with all the homemade ice cream we've been making in this house. My sweet tooth is out of control these days. I think I'm making up for those few months in the beginning where I didn't want any sweets.

Next week, I'll be officially eight months pregnant. Holy CRAP! There's still so much left to do! Once we return from our trip to Memphis, which will be our last trip before the baby, we have to:

1.) Finish the nursery
2.) Find a pediatrician
3.) Finish the baseboards in the spare room and office
4.) Clean out the garage

I realize that numbers one and two on this list are really the only things that HAVE to be done before the baby comes, but the chances of finishing home projects after we have a baby are pretty slim, so I'd like to complete them.

My 30 week pictures were taken here at the house. Why, you ask? Well, because we are in the midst of the hottest summer ever recorded in Austin. And this last weekend we had the hottest temperature ever recorded in Austin: 112 degrees. I thought it best to stay indoors. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment