Monday, March 14, 2011

Whoa.

After my positive pregnancy test, I called my midwife to schedule an appointment. Well actually, I already had an appointment scheduled for my annual checkup, and to discuss infertility. I figured I could just make a swap and keep my existing appointment as my first prenatal visit. But no. Because I am planning on having this baby at a birthing center, naturally, I actually have to be approved as a patient. What?! You mean this is a test? Oh, I will pass this test, baby, with flying colors. That's the way I roll.

We passed, of course. Officially approved as a patient. And the best part? Since I wasn't sure how far along I was, they did an ultrasound right there on the spot. I was 6 weeks along! We even got a picture of little Ziggy the Zygote! Although, he won't be a Zygote much longer...he'll graduate to Embryo status soon.

But let me tell you something: the morning sickness, exhaustion and constipation have been out of this world. It's all worth it, I know, and I honestly couldn't be happier. But try telling me that at 10am when I am about to fall asleep while vomiting at my desk. But it's all for Ziggy:

No comments:

Post a Comment