Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I will. No, I won't.

I'm officially in my third month of pregnany. Funny, I feel like I LOOK pregnant right now. I'm incredibly bloated. You know how when you get bloated and you can't even suck in your stomach? Yeah, that's how I feel. Everyday. Awesome. No one can tell I am pregnant, of course. Although, I read the other day that women with small frames can start showing earlier. Do you think being 4' 11" constitutes a small frame?

I thought it would be fun to make a list of the things I will or won't do while pregnant. Because we all know that you can say, "Oh, I would never complain about feeling bad after it took me so long to get pregnant. I'd enjoy it." Riiight. I would have totally said that before I got pregnant, but now? I feel like crap, OK?! It'll be fun to revisit this after the baby is born, and see just how delusional I was.

I will:
1.) Wear high heels throughout my entire pregnancy.
2.) Work out. (hahaha)
3.) Strive to thrift or refashion the majority of my maternity clothes.
4.) Have a natural childbirth experience with a midwife.
5.) Read a book on natural childbirth and a book about breastfeeding.
6.) Take a picture of myself every week and make a photobook documenting this pregnancy.

I won't:
1.) Gain more than 30 pounds.
2.) Eat for two people.
3.) Find out the sex of the baby.
4.) Eat raw sushi, feta or gorgonzola cheese (just kill me now), or drink alcohol.
5.) Dedicate all Faceboook posts to pregnancy or baby-related topics.
6.) Act like I am the only woman who has ever had a baby.

I think this is a good start. While I am officially nine weeks along, I'm a bit behind on my photo posting. Here's 8 weeks:



No comments:

Post a Comment